Looking for something? Search my blog here!

About Me

My photo
I was born in Mesa and lived in both Arizona and Utah. I attended four different high schools and moved back to Mesa my senior year. I love to travel and explore; I studied abroad in England, Scotland and France and had a blast. Music and writing drive me. I am a hard worker, when I am motivated to be. I am a passionate girl who loves people. I love friends but I also love my quiet time. Most importantly, I love to Love. I am a writer, an educator, a learner, an explorer and yes, a Mormon. I am blessed and I love my life. I am currently serving a mission for the Lord through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Italy until January of 2016.

My motto

My Motto
Love and Be Loved

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Homework Stop

I long for the day when I won't have to do homework I hate, do busy work, do what somebody else cares about when I don't care squat... all just to work towards getting that wondrous letter "A" stamped on my record. I love homework that I actually enjoy, where I learn something and it has meaning in my life. I can't wait to have time to be me and share what I am most passionate about with others. To help others find their place in life.

I pray and try everyday to be a difference in someones life and help them to be happy. If you aren't happy in you heart, than who are you? I want to write. I have these thoughts in my head that get lost because I do so much stupid homework for that one class that I didn't want to take, but was required. Sure, I still learn a lot from it. But clearly the homework is not doing it's duty- no matter how awesome a teacher you are. I want to teach to share my love and knowledge with others to help them grow and understand the world.
I hate sitting in classrooms through lectures. Why not build open walls? School is so very terribly mentally exhausting. It makes you lazy and super productive all at once. I go to bed and my eyeballs ache. You don't have time to eat. Working out asks for energy that you (don't think) you have. When do I write? When do I read? When do I go on long bike rides?

OK, I'm being silly... only kind of. Am I right? Does anyone else feel like this? Of course I still do the things I want but I always feel like I'm doing them guiltily, knowing I have homework I could do instead.
Anyways. That's my rant. Now maybe I can focus on this busy-work homework that I am hating so very much. I could have been 1/5 of the way done by now. But at least I got that off of my mind.
Blahhhh...

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you want to be a teacher with how much it sounds like you don't like school and homework? I know we all get a little bogged down by certain teachers or projects. Just know that one day you will be that thorn in someone's side and your homework will be lesson plans and grading, so it won't end.

    ReplyDelete