Looking for something? Search my blog here!

About Me

My photo
I was born in Mesa and lived in both Arizona and Utah. I attended four different high schools and moved back to Mesa my senior year. I love to travel and explore; I studied abroad in England, Scotland and France and had a blast. Music and writing drive me. I am a hard worker, when I am motivated to be. I am a passionate girl who loves people. I love friends but I also love my quiet time. Most importantly, I love to Love. I am a writer, an educator, a learner, an explorer and yes, a Mormon. I am blessed and I love my life. I am currently serving a mission for the Lord through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Italy until January of 2016.

My motto

My Motto
Love and Be Loved

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The cheesecake challenge

I love me some creamy, cold, delicious desserts. Fresh fruit smoothies, vanilla bean ice cream with a drizzle of fudge sauce, Bahama Bucks' shaved ice, chocolatey brownies, and most especially, cheesecake. Mmm.

Living in our world today, goodies such as the ones I listed above are not necessarily "nutritious" for us to eat all the time. Well, I'm a person small in size and gaining weight is not particularly one of my concerns for now. However, I do notice a difference in my body when I eat said deliciousness on a regular basis (which let's face it, is pretty regular.)

But wait! Just because all of that sugar and fat is bad for our bodies, doesn't mean we must eliminate the flavor. So here's my secret. Really I'm just backing up what the commercials say. Have you heard of Yoplait? Yes, it's a yogurt. Yes, that's my secret. My new junk food plan.

It all started when I was buying some yogurt one day. I always eat fruit and carbs and protein for breakfast, and I like yogurt when I don't use milk. I started buying the strawberry cheesecake flavored yogurt and I loved it. One night, I was hungry before bed. I wanted some ice cream or some sort of yummy treat. I love cheesecake! It could be my weakness (along with anything ice cream or fruity). So what did I do? Instead of having a bowl of ice cream, I reached in the fridge and had some yogurt. Mmm. Best decision I ever made, because I have officially made it my new night time snack. Cheesecake taste: check. Craving satisfied: check. As this video shows, there are many different flavors. Personally I don't like the "light" yogurt. I think the original is just as good. Maybe it's not as healthy, or maybe it is. But it feels better on my body and that's what matters to me.

So my challenge for you is try this out. Next time you crave a sweet treat, find a replacement for it. Make a change. Be better, be happy, be healthy, and enjoy it, but don't swim in it. Do what works for you.
It's a challenge to consider. If you do happen to make a change like I did, tell me about it! Post a comment because I would love to hear how you are changing to be and feel healthy.

P.S. This does not replace my decadent deliciousness. Every once in a while, a hunken piece of cheesecake or a bowl of ice cream is definitely in store. Just not every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment